Tuesday, September 24, 2013

{Queen Creek Family Photographer} Lifestyle Session with the Cooks










This Queen Creek family photo session was about as "Lifestyle" as it gets! Although Billie didn't let us get many standard, posed, sitting and smiling pictures, we got a whole heck of a lot of candid, lifestyle shots. I sometimes think these are the best ones. Sure, I was a hot, sweaty mess while shooting this, but capturing the Cooks in all their fun, candid glory was so worth it.

The Cooks were actually my very first clients here in Arizona! It was because of them that I learned there are snakes here, and that the beautiful, overgrown field that I've had my eye on is probably infested with them (one reason why I always have a backup location, yikes!) So because I had worked with them before, I fully expected to be running around and having fun with this little boy, and oh boy did we run around. Even though he was hesitant to warm up to me, we became best buds by the end of it. We hid in the grass and climbed trees and he even used a huge DSLR for the first time (my way of bribing him to say "CHEESE!") Lis kindly let me know that after our session Billie said he wanted to come home with me. I can only imagine the havoc he could wreak with my own little 3 year old ;)

I get a lot of comments from people who are hesitant to get their photos taken because of their "crazy kids". I'll let you know that for me, the crazier the better! Billie was far from crazy but he definitely had some spunk and fire and let me just say, I had SUCH a great time with him! Since my style is more relaxed and candid, I try not to sweat the small stuff and try to always get the perfect shot, but instead I love to embrace the fire and just capture a family for all it is: Beautiful and fun!

No comments: