Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lightroom

I love Adobe Lightroom.

If I were to have a love affair, one might say it would be with Lightroom.

While Adobe and I get along real well, I can see the point of view of a lot of photographers that "over-Photoshop-ing" can have negative effects. Sometimes, Photoshop is used as a crutch. Sometimes, it cheapens the integrity of a picture. Sometimes, it makes you start to wonder how so many people can have the same neon-blue eyes only in pictures.

But darn it all, I just can't help but love it. It can allow you to,

Bring out some colors you might not have even realized were there,


Take one color in a picture and give the whole thing that same vibrance and light,


Or, to put it simply, just bring out the best in a picture.


Yes, Lightroom and I get along very well indeed. But, as with everything, I think there needs to be a balance between "over-photoshop-ing" and ignoring the wonderful gift to photographers that is Photoshop. Obviously the goal is to take the best possible pictures SOOC (straight out of camera), but in the meantime I think I'll keep enjoying my love affair with Lightroom, all the while muttering to myself "Balance.... Balance.... Balance..."

No comments: