Monday, August 22, 2011

The Way I See It

Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing the world through a lens.


I recently had a conversation with a friend about how the problem with taking so many pictures is that you eventually start to feel like you're missing moments while trying to capture them. Truth is, it seems that in the few seconds it takes to whip out your camera you've already missed whatever it was that was so amazing. The thing is, though, had I not had my trusty Nikon glued to my hip, I might one day forget the exact way my son's eyes look when he's smiling up at me from the ground,


That beauty can be seen even from the side of the road,


 Or that no matter how many places I live, sunsets are always best seen from the beach. Period.


So here's the way I see it. While some moments may slip away from me while adjusting my ISO and checking my lighting, I still have a lot of great ones, conveniently stored on an external hard drive, alphabetized and categorized precisely to my liking.

No comments: