Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"Artsy-Fartsy" Picture Taking

One afternoon, my husband Brian and I took some pictures in a field on the outskirts of town. This picture immediately jumped out at me and I really fell in love with it.


Almost immediately after I was done editing it, though, I could hear my mother's voice inside my head asking,

"Who wants to see a picture of themselves with their heads chopped off??"

Hm. Duly noted.

So while I kept hearing my mother's voice everytime I looked at this picture, I couldn't help but love it still. It was artsy, something I never would have used to describe myself. So I posted it on Facebook, put it up on my blogs and have never stopped absolutely loving it despite the fact that it doesn't really make that much sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe one "artsy-fartsy" picture (as the 12 year old version of me would say) is enough in a photoshoot, but I try not to get carried away with a whole slew of pictures of people with their heads chopped off and other things that don't make a whole lot of sense. Whew. Got that off my chest. Thanks mom.

No comments: